Handgun Fundamentals class
This is a basic course designed for people who have limited to no handgun shooting experience and is recommended as preparation for the Texas License to Carry range qualification.
The course is between two and three hours long, including range time.
Topics Covered During the Class
- Basic handgun safety
- Operation of a revolver and semi-automatic handgun
- Sight alignment
- Trigger control
- Clearing malfunctions
- Range safety
- Basic marksmanship
Items to Bring to the Class
- Revolver or semi-automatic handgun – .22 caliber or larger; up to .45 automatic
- At least 100 rounds of new factory ammunition of the appropriate caliber for your handgun
- Reloads or steel-cased ammunition are not allowed
- Baseball-style cap
- Eye protection – can be provided
- Ear protection – over the ear is preferred and can be provided
- Footwear that covers the entire foot – no sandals
- Collared shirt and long pants – dress appropriately for the weather
The cost is $70.00 with a minimum class size of four people. Individual and smaller classes can be arranged.